Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting close

We had major climbs and descents again today. Our distance was 83 miles from Indiana, PA to Huntingdon. I lost count of how many hills I topped 40 mph but it was at least four and twice I hit 45.1 faster even than yesterday. As I climb the long grades prior to the descent, it reminds me a bit of sledding as a kid. Long pulls up the hill and a short thrilling ride down but I've had enough of those thrills. If there's no traffic 40 doesn't feel too bad but 45 feels too fast even with no traffic.

For the first time we were on a rail to trail section for 16 miles. That was relaxing but my pleasure didn't go to infinite as it should have with 0 traffic by the formula I proposed yesterday.

Tomorrow we'll head toward our destination but since Harrisburg would make a decently long day and we don't feel like getting a motel there, we are probably going to get picked up. Me by Lois and Jonathan as they catch up to me heading to the reunion this weekend and Eldon by Herman.

No comments:

Post a Comment