Sunday, March 18, 2012

Memories

Probably about 10 years ago Tim recorded an interview with Grammy and Pappy on mini-disk.  He recently asked if we'd be willing to see if we could get it put on a media that is more accessible. I found out that Goshen College will copy them on to CD for a reasonable fee so we made a master and 4 copies.
Unfortunately, the interview is not dated but since Tim did it during college it would need to be somewhere between the fall of 1999 and the spring of 2003. It also starts and ends rather abruptly and you can't always here the questions. Still, I really enjoyed them and liked hearing Pappy's voice again. The interview is wide ranging covering subjects from his growing up years to his theology, his job history with lots of interesting anecdotes. There's also a part where Grammy talks about her growing up years.
The funny thing is that I assumed Tim did this at some point when I wasn't around but my voice is on the recording asking a few questions. I have absolutely no memory of it. My brain is so strange. Occasionally some obscure insignificant memory from years ago will pop into my head but here's an hour of my life in what now seems a significant and interesting moment and I have no memory of it.
The college did a nice job. They broke it up into 8 tracks so you don't have to listen to it all at once. They also asked if we wanted pictures on the CD label so we gave them Grammy and Pappy's wedding picture and another Olan Mill 1984 portrait.
Both Abby and Tim asked for copies of the CD. We didn't know how it would turn out so we didn't order enough for everyone that might want.  The college charges $4 for additional copies. I could also email the audio files to anyone that wants. They are not very large.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Dad, I am really looking forward to listening to the interview!

    ReplyDelete