Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jonathan

This week Abby invited me to do a guest blog in her second annual joining of National Blog Posting Month. So I did one for her to post sometime this month about her arrival here on this good earth. I thought her regular readers would be more interested in that than some random musing or political rant of mine. I'm not going to upstage her by posting what I wrote here but I had so much fun with it I decided to do one for Jonathan. It's also appropriate given that he just celebrated his 25th birthday.

So here he is at 2 days old. Lots of people rave about how cute babies are but I remember Pappy saying something like "they all look the same to me." I'd have to say that although cute for a baby, I'm glad Jonathan didn't keep this face into adult hood.


I'm pretty sure that at about one month when this photo was taken he was in deep thought. Perhaps it was about Schrödinger's cat or maybe General Relativity.

Here's some snippets from Grandma Hess's diary around the time of Jonathan's birth.

October 29: Jonathan Ryan arrived by way of C section at 12:39. Lois needed 2 pt. of blood. She was able to be in the same room as Esther Rausch who also had a C section. In the evening I went with John and we took the children in to see mommy. Lois is not very strong. We could see the baby through the window.

Nov 2: ...We then visited Lois and I was able to hold Jonathan.

Sunday Nov 3: We brought Timothy and Abigail along home while John went in to the hospital and took Lois and Jonathan home.

No comments:

Post a Comment